"It's a crazy world, so sports and athletics and music can be a form of escapism."
― Eddie Vedder
2017 Class Games!
by Alizay Chavez '21
This past Monday August 11th Gallup High had their annual class games. Each class had to be at the public school stadium at 6:30. The senior class was escorted by the Gallup fire department. The senior class arrived in blue trucks. The first game that the classes competed in was the funny food relay. Each class had three people at each of the points. The first person had to eat apple sauce and throw away their trash before running to the next person. The second person had to eat a lemon. They also had to throw their trash away before running to the next person. The last person had to find a piece of gum in a pie and chew it. It was the last person’s job to run to the finish line. The freshmen won the relay.
The second game was bucking bull. Each class had to have two girls and two boys compete. First the boys had to tie a balloon to the back of their belt loop. The boys got down on their knees and the girls got on top of their backs. Each class had to pop the other classes balloons. The juniors took the win with none of their teams gone. The next game was the bridge relay. Each class had 5 girls and 5 boys compete. The juniors won.
The fourth game was the bat spin. Each class had students spin around the bat. The juniors won this as well. The next was the orange pass. There were 5 boys and 5 girls lined up. They had to pass the orange only using their necks. Juniors won. The last game of the night was tug of war. The first round was seniors against freshmen. The poor freshmen lost. The second round was sophomore against juniors. The final round was seniors against sophomores. The seniors took the win.
Last Week's Poll Results!
Last week we asked Ambush! Readers if they were surprised at Gallup High's loss at the homecoming game and 76% said they weren't while the remaining 24% said they were.