Charlottesville Protests Turn Violent
by Reylena Tsosie '21
Antonia Hatch, a student at Gallup High, says, “White supremacy shouldn’t even exist in this day and age. With poor leadership, the more people become ignorant and disrespectful to others.”
Governor of Virginia, Terry McAdiffe, was outraged when he told the groups: “You pretend that you are a patriot, but you are anything but a patriot.”
The Barcelona Terrorist Attack
by Haley Oliver '21
Another vehicle attack occurred earlier on Friday August 20, 2017, by other members of what Catalonia regional police have described as a “12-member extremist cell,” killed one person and wounded several others in the coastal town of Cambrils. The event ended in a shootout with the police and five dead attackers. Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has claimed responsibility for both attacks.
by Sage Addington '18
Op-ed of President Trump gazing directly into the sun during a solar eclipse, although he did eventually put his eclipse glasses on. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUAfLufjM7g
Last Week's Poll Results!
80% of Ambush! Poll takers thought it was right for the statue of Robert E. Lee to be removed in Charlottesville, Virginia and the remaining 20% said they were indifferent.