"Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Educations is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family."
By Raechelle Sandoval
As graduation approaches the seniors taking Honors Senior Research must do a dissertation. Here, they must present their portfolios they have been working on throughout the year to one of the principals. They also share their philosophies about life. The last thing they present is their bucket list for their lives. The principals also have the option to ask the students question about where they see their life going, as well as anything in the students’ portfolios. This is all in order to decide if they are prepared to graduate, if they fail they cannot graduate. Of course, this causes a lot of stress for the seniors that have to participate in this final test. Mr. Barreras has spent the year preparing his students for this final task, hoping they all pass. “It felt relieving,” Sydney Terran said after completing her dissertation, “because once it was over you realized this was it, we’re graduating.” Good luck to all seniors who have yet to go into their dissertations, and congrats to those who have passed.
By Lucia Kezele
It’s here! Finally, after years of schooling we are almost done. All of us have been counting down so I don’t think I need to remind you that our last day of high school is next Friday, May 4th! Here are a couple things to remember as we approach our graduation date.
Remember to be safe and make smart choices! Graduation is a fun and exciting time but no one wants their night to be interrupted by a call from the authorities saying that a friend or family member was injured in an accident. Be smart, don’t drink and drive and enjoy yourself with the people you spent the last four years with! Congratulations Class of 2018!!!
Last Week's Poll Results!!
Last week we asked if you felt teachers spent enough time in the classroom: 67% of poll takers said that they don't think the teachers spend enough time in the room while the remaining 33% said that teachers do spend enough time in the rooms.