Ambush! School & Community
"Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Educations is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family."
Calling All Seniors!
by Rachelle Sandoval '18
With the new school year starting there is a lot to plan. Homecoming is quickly approaching and we need your help! The senior class officers are currently searching for people to be on the float as well as participate in homecoming week activities. We cannot do this without your support! This is the last chance we have to participate and make our mark on the school. If you are interested in participating please contact Ms. Kurpiel or one of the class officers, listed at the bottom of the article, or come to our meetings, held Thursday mornings in B-106.
Senior class officers have graduation, possible class prank, and other senior activities to plan so we will continue to need your help along the way. Please continue to come to class meetings once homecoming is over. There’s a lot to plan and we’d love to have you along the way!
President: Lucy Martinez
Vice President: Lucia Kezle
Representative: Raechelle Sandoval
Secretary: Nelshaylynn Smith
Treasurer: Alora Garcia-Archunde
Ms. Savage Who?
by Rubi Reyes '21
“So for me I had no idea how to apply for college and in my school it was kind of assumed that if you wanted to go to college it was because your parents had or someone in your family had and they’ll help you and that's you on your own time, like we are not going to talk about that here. And that was really hard for because I like really didn't know what I was doing. I was 17 years old and I couldn't really figure out like this really big life decision.”
She later says that she feels that, “K-12 schools really encourage college, and that's something they should help us with, and for me that's something that i thought that needed changing. And other little things I thought needed changing." She wants to prepare her students for the outside world, not just the school world.
When I asked if Ms. Savage, “If most of the students in your class failed an assignment, test or project how would you respond?” and she answered, “I think if most of the students failed it's my fault because I didn't teach that well. And I would go back and review with the student's.” This school year what Ms. Savage would like to accomplish is making her students feel more empowered. She wants her freshman to realize what potential they have to change the school while they are here for their four years and after. Ms. Savage wants her senior students to feel empowered in what they decide to do after high school and that they know that they can do anything that they want and that they can make serious changes to this world.
Last Week's Poll Results!
Last week, 66% of Ambush! Poll takers said they were kinda excited for the 2017-18 school year and the remaining 34% said "yes," they're excited.