McKinley County High School Graduation Dates
Of course Gallup High School’s graduation was on May 12th, but there are plenty more graduations in Gallup and the surrounding area still to come.
May 18, 2017 (Thursday)
Tohatchi High School - 6:00 PM
May 19, 2017 (Friday)
Ramah High School - 6:00 PM
Miyamura High School - 6:00 PM, Angelo DiPaolo Memorial Stadium
May 20, 2017 (Saturday)
Central High School - 4:00 PM, MHS Gymnasium
Tse Yi Gai High School - 11:00 AM, Gymnasium
Navajo Pine High School - 10:00 AM
Middle School Mural
by Lucia Kezele '18
Since the end of April, one of our local middle schools has been working on a mural for our town. Gallup Middle School has been working a local artist on their artwork. So far they have developed two different models for what they want to do. The students are centering their mural around the idea of a “Beautiful Earth.” The hope of the artist and the students is to start painting the mural this summer and have it finished before the beginning of the 2017-18 school year. The kids have worked incredibly hard on this project and it is an amazing new thing to come to our town. It is a great way to beautify our town and make it more enticing of a place to walk around or visit.
April Poll Results!
66% of Ambush! Survey takers said they'd like to see a Wholefoods or Sprouts come to Gallup, the other 34% wanting to see a Target. 50% of Ambush! poll takers said they'd like to see an Olive Garden and the other 50% a Chik-Fli-A; The two restaurants sound a bit weird in comparison, but that seems to be what the people want.